CSK vs DC: Delhi Capitals (DC) will take on Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the 50th match of IPL 2021 on Monday. Both these two teams have been outstanding this season and currently occupying the top two spots on the points table. Both have an equal number of points but CSK is ahead of DC due to a better net run rate.
Delhi Capitals won their last game against Mumbai Indians by 4 wickets. They restricted MI to 129 runs in the first game before chasing it down in 19.1 overs. On the other hand, Chennai Super Kings suffered a seven-wicket defeat at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals in the last game. Despite posting a mammoth 189-run total, CSK lost the game as Rajasthan chased down the score in just 17 overs.
Ahead of a high-octane clash between Delhi Capitals and Chennai Super Kings, here’s a look at some stats which might be important to you.
- Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Capitals have taken on each other in 24 matches in IPL. Of those, Delhi Capitals have managed to beat DC 15 times, while DC won the game on 9 occasions.
- The last time Chennai Super Kings faced Delhi Capitals, the latter won the game by 7 wickets.
- Dwayne Bravo is just two wickets short of becoming the first bowler to pick 550 wickets in T20 cricket
- Dwayne Bravo is just three wickets short of becoming the second-highest wicket-taker in IPL. He currently has 164 wickets to his name. Amit Mishra has 164 wickets- the second most in the tournament. Lasith Malinga leads the chart with 170 wickets to his name.
- Ambati Rayudu has 147 sixes in T20 cricket. He is just three sixes short of reaching the 150-sixes landmark.
- Faf du Plessis and Ruturaj Gaikwad have scored 646 runs together for the opening pair- the most by any pair.
- Steve Smith is just 15 runs short of completing 2500 runs in the Indian Premier League.
Match No.: 50
Teams: Chennai Super Kings & Rajasthan Royals
Match Date & Day: October 4, Monday
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Timing: 7:30 PM
Where to watch (TV): Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 1 Hindi (Also available in HD, along with regional languages)
Where to watch (Online):
CSK vs DC IPL 2021 Full Squads
Chennai Super Kings: Faf du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Robin Uthappa, N Jagadeesan, MS Dhoni (c), Cheteshwar Pujara, Hari Nishanth, Dwayne Bravo, Bhagath Varma, Krishnappa Gowtham, Mitchell Santner, Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Deepak Chahar, Harishankar Reddy, Imran Tahir, Karn Sharma, KM Asif, Lungi Ngidi, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Shardul Thakur, Jason Behrendorff
Delhi Capitals: Rishabh Pant (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Prithvi Shaw, Ripal Patel, Shikhar Dhawan, Shimrom Hetmyar, Shreyas Iyer, Steve Smith, Amit Mishra, Anrich Nortje, Avesh Khan, Ben Dwarshuis, Ishant Sharma, Kagiso Rabada, Kulwant Khejroliya, Lukman Meriwala, Pravin Dubey, Tom Curran, Umesh Yadav, Axar Patel, Lalit Yadav, Marcus Stoinis, Ravichandran Ashwin, Sam Billings and Vishnu Vinod
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket