sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner
HomeCricket NewsDavid Wiese returns to Sussex for Vitality T20 Blast 2021

David Wiese returns to Sussex for Vitality T20 Blast 2021

sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner

England county cricket team Sussex on Friday signed the South African all rounder David Wiese for T20 Blast 2021. Wiese was a part of the side as a part of Kolpak deal before signing a new contract with them for the next season.

The 35-year-old has been a substantial part of Sussex and also propelled them final of the T20 Blast in 2018 which they lost to Worcestershire. Last week Sussex had also retained Afghanistan’s ace spinner Rashid Khan for the new season, by putting faith in old players.

“I am delighted to be returning to Sussex as an overseas player for the Blast. Sussex has been home for the last four seasons and I cannot wait to be back. We have had a fair amount of success in the Blast over the last few seasons, but hopefully, we can take it a step further next season,” Wiese said in a statement.

Wiese made his county cricket debut for the Sharks against Somerset and so far been one of the most reliable players on the side.

Sussex head coach James Kirtley expressed delight on the all rounder’s return and praised him on his return to the side.

“It is fantastic news that David will be with us next season for the Blast. It will give us peace of mind knowing that a player of David’s class will be available for the whole of the tournament. He plays a number of roles for us in our T20 side and he continues to play match-winning innings such as the one at Lord’s this season,” Kirtley said.

OTHER CRICKET NEWS