sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner
HomeCricket NewsFakhar Zaman ruled out of upcoming New Zealand Tour

Fakhar Zaman ruled out of upcoming New Zealand Tour

sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner

Pakistan opener Fakhar Zaman has been ruled out of side for the upcoming tour of New Zealand, PCB confirmed on Sunday.

The entire Pakistani team underwent COVID-19 test on Saturday and all of them tested negative for the deadly virus. But the left handed-batsman developed a fever the following day, leading to his exit from the side for the NZ tour.

“The decision to withdraw Zaman from the tour was made keeping the health of the rest of the squad members as a top priority,” the Pakistan Cricket Board said in a statement on Sunday.

PCB also clarified its statement saying it has taken the decision considering the health and well-being of all the players and team management. Fakhar Zaman has been put into isolation in the team hotel while also in regular monitor of the team’s medical team.

“Fakhar’s covid test report was received on Saturday which came out negative but today he picked up fever. As soon as his condition was reported, he was isolated from the rest of the squad in the team hotel. We are constantly monitoring his condition and remain hopeful of his quick recovery; however he is not fit to travel with the squad and as such has been withdrawn from the touring party,” Team Doctor Sohail Saleem said in a statement.

The 30-year-old has so far played 47 ODIs, 40 T20Is and 3 Tests and scored 1960, 838 and 192 runs respectively. He will now miss out on three-match T20I series, followed by two-match Test series against New Zealand.

The test series will comply under the ICC World Test Championship slated to take place in Mount Maunganui and Christchurch respectively.

OTHER CRICKET NEWS