Less than a month is left for the second phase of IPL 2021 to begin as all teams are gearing to exhibit their performance in UAE. For the unversed, the second leg of IPL 2021 is scheduled to be played from 19th September to 15th October 2021. Chennai Super Kings was the first team to land the Arab country to start their preparations and are getting geared up for the opening game of the second leg of the tournament against the defending champions Mumbai Indians.
Numerous players from different franchises have pulled out from the remainder of the season due to different reasons. The franchises are still on the lookout for their replacement.
Ahead of the second leg of the tournament, here’s a look at how the franchises have stacked up thus far:
- Chennai Super Kings are one of the few teams that have all their players available for the tournament. CSK, reportedly, have completed their mandatory quarantine period and have begun their preparations for the event.
- Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capitals, and Sunrisers Hyderabad also don’t seem to be having any problems as all their players are available for the event. Mumbai Indians arrived in the UAE on August 13 and have started their training at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi since August 20.
- For Kolkata Knight Riders, Pat Cummins has pulled out of the remainder of IPL 2021. The franchise has announced veteran New Zealand pacer Tim Southee as his replacement for the event. The franchise reached the Gulf country on Friday.
- Punjab Kings have suffered setbacks as their two players namely, Riley Meredith and Jhye Richardson have pulled out of the second leg. The Kings have named Nathan Ellis as replacement for Meredith and Adil Rashid as replacement for Richardson.
- For Royal Challengers Bangalore, as many as three players namely Adam Zampa, Daniel Sams, Kane Richardson, and Finn Allen have all pulled out of the event. RCB have roped in Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Tim David and George Garton as the replacements.
- Jos Buttler has made himself unavailable and Rajasthan Royals have named Glenn Phillips as his replacement. For Ben Stokes’ availability, the franchise is still awaiting all-rounders’ response. However, they have named Tabraiz Shamsi as replacement for Andrew Tye.
Here’s a look at the IPL 2021 Team squads after the latest replacements (order as per the points table)
1. Delhi Capitals
Rishabh Pant (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Ajinkya Rahane, Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Chris Woakes, R Ashwin, Axar Patel, Amit Mishra, Lalit Yadav, Pravin Dubey, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Ishant Sharma, Avesh Khan, Steve Smith, Umesh Yadav, Ripal Patel, Vishnu Vinod, Lukman Meriwala, M Siddarth, Tom Curran, Sam Billings.
2. Chennai Super Kings
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (c), Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, KM Asif, Deepak Chahar, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, N Jagadeesan, Karn Sharma, Lungi Ngidi, Mitchell Santner, Ravindra Jadeja, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shardul Thakur, Sam Curran, R Sai Kishore, Moeen Ali, K Gowtham, Cheteshwar Pujara, Harishankar Reddy, Bhagath Varma, C Hari Nishanth.
3. Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers, Devdutt Padikkal, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, George Garton, Washington Sundar, Pavan Deshpande, Tim David, Shahbaz Ahamad, Navdeep Saini, Wanindu Hasaranga, Kyle Jamieson, Glenn Maxwell, Rajat Patidar, Sachin Baby, Mohammed Azharuddin, Daniel Christian, KS Bharat, Suyash Prabhudessai, Dushmantha Chameera, Harshal Patel.
4. Mumbai Indians
Rohit Sharma (c), Adam Milne, Aditya Tare, Anmolpreet Singh, Anukul Roy, Arjun Tendulkar, Chris Lynn, Dhawal Kulkarni, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, James Neesham, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Marco Jansen, Mohsin Khan, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Piyush Chawla, Quinton De Kock, Rahul Chahar, Saurabh Tiwary, Suryakumar Yadav, Trent Boult, Yudhvir Singh.
5. Rajasthan Royals
Sanju Samson (c), Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Manan Vohra, Anuj Rawat, Riyan Parag, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Mahipal Lomror, Shreyas Gopal, Mayank Markande, Glenn Phillips, Tabraiz Shamsi, Jaydev Unadkat, Kartik Tyagi, Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya, KC Cariappa, Liam Livingstone, Kuldip Yadav, Akash Singh.
6. Punjab Kings
KL Rahul (c), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Mandeep Singh, Prabsimran Singh, Nicholas Pooran, Sarfaraz Khan, Deepak Hooda, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Harpreet Brar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Ishan Porel, Darshan Nalkande, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Shahrukh Khan, Nathan Ellis, Moises Henriques, Jalaj Saxena, Utkarsh Singh, Fabian Allen, Saurabh Kumar.
7. Kolkata Knight Riders
Eoin Morgan (c), Dinesh Karthik, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Tim Seifert, Rinku Singh, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Yadav, Shivam Mavi, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Sandeep Warrier, Prasidh Krishna, Rahul Tripathi, Varun Chakravarthy, Shakib Al Hasan, Sheldon Jackson, Vaibhav Arora, Harbhajan Singh, Karun Nair, Ben Cutting, Venkatesh Iyer, Pawan Negi.
8. SunRisers Hyderabad
Kane Williamson (c), David Warner, Virat Singh, Manish Pandey, Priyam Garg, Wriddhiman Saha, Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Sreevats Goswami, Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Nabi, Kedar Jadhav, J Suchit, Jason Holder, Abhishek Sharma, Abdul Samad, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Rashid Khan, T Natarajan, Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed, Siddharth Kaul, Basil Thampi, Shahbaz Nadeem, Mujeeb ur Rahman.