In the eighth match of the IPL 2021 season, Punjab Kings (PBKS) will be squaring up against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Friday. The CSK vs PBKS game promises to be a power-packed match. Punjab would be relieved to have come out as a winning side in their last game against Rajasthan Royals. Needing 5 runs off the last ball, Sanju Samson played over cover only to find the man in the deep. Punjab won the game by 4 runs.
CSK, on the other, too posted a decent looking 188-run total in their first game against DC. However, the runners up of the last years chased down the total quite easily, handing CSK their first defeat of the tournament. They would look to earn a win ahead of the next game against PBKS.
Here’s a look at some important stats that you might want to know about the two top sides ahead of the CSK vs PBKS game :
- Punjab Kings and Chennai Super Kings have squared up against each other 23 times in IPL. Chennai Super Kings have beaten PBKS 14 times, while Punjab emerged victorious on 9 occasions.
- In the last five encounters between them, Chennai beat Punjab on 4 occasions, while the latter has managed to win just 1 game.
- KL Rahul has scored the most runs against CSK for Punjab, followed by Mandeep Singh and Chris Gayle. The Punjab skipper has 262 runs to his name in 6 innings at an average of 43.67.
- Mohammed Shami has picked 2 wickets against CSK in 4 innings- the highest wicket-taker among active KIXP Punjab.
- For CSK, Suresh Raina has scored 711 runs in 20 innings, at an average of 44.44, including one century and four half-centuries.
- MS Dhoni is the second-highest scorer for CSK against Punjab, with 525 runs to his name in 19 innings.
- Dwayne Bravo has picked 14 wickets against Punjab Kings- the most by any CSK bowler.