DC vs KKR: The 25th match of IPL 2021 sees Kolkata Knight Riders take on Delhi Capitals on Thursday. Delhi Capitals would be disappointed to have lost their last game by one run against RCB. However, they are still placed at the third position on the points table with 4 wins in 6 matches.
Kolkata Knight Riders, on the other hand, haven’t started the tournament on a good note. They are placed at the bottom half of the table. However, having won their last game, they would be confident of turning their fortunes around. It remains to be seen who will have the last laugh on Thursday.
Here’s a look at the statistical preview of both sides:
- Dinesh Karthik has scored 439 runs against DC in 18 matches at a strike rate of 140.26.
- Sunil Narine has been the most successful bowler for KKR against DC. He has 17 wickets to his name with the best bowling figures of 4 for 13.
- Shikhar has been the most successful Delhi Capitals batsman against KKR. He has scored 688 runs at an average of 28.66.
- Amit Mishra has taken 17 wickets against KKR.
- Sunil Narine has accounted for Dhawan’s wicket twice in IPL. The latter has scored 62 runs off 52 balls against the West Indies spinner.
- Andre Russell has a very good record against Kagiso Rabada. He has scored 41 runs in 16 balls against DC pacer.
DC vs KKR head to head:
Both the teams squared off against each other twice last season. First time Delhi Capitals beat KKR by 18 runs. But the second time saw KKR leapfrog Delhi Capitals by 59 runs. Nitish Rana (81 off 53) and Sunil Narine (64 off 32 balls) helped KKR post a stiff total of 194/6 in 20 overs.
Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada and Marcus Stoinis shared a couple of wickets each despite KKR scoring 190+ in the first innings.
DC batsmen failed to cope up with the spin web set by Varun Chakravarthy who took a fifer (5/20). Skipper Shreyas Iyer stood out as top-scorer with 47 runs off 38 deliveries.
For full match preview, click here!