Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will play their third game of the tournament and IPL 2021 Match 12 against Rajasthan Royals (RR) on Monday. Both sides are coming off a win in their last game and thus, one can expect a cracker of a contest at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Rajasthan Royals registered a three-wicket victory against Delhi Capitals in the last game. David Miller and Chris Morris played invaluable knocks to help the franchise reach home. On the other hand, Deepak Chahar’s sensational spell of 4 for 13 helped CSK bundle Punjab on just 107. They chased down the total with ease in the end.
Both the teams have promising players and potential to win the game. RR captain Sanju Samson, who is in a terrific form, gives a robust form to their batting order. They also have players with the likes of Chris Morris and Jos Buttler, making them a strong team.
While CSK is now equipped with their MVP player Suresh Raina, who is eyeing more records this time. MS Dhoni himself is nearing a record number of dismissals. Shardul Thakur adds another boost to the team, another assest to the sturdy team.
Both the teams would be battling out to claim their second victory in this edition. On that note, here’s a look at the statistical preview of the IPL 2021 Match 12:
- Chennai Super Kings have played against Rajasthan Royals on 23 occasions in IPL. In 23 meetings, CSK have managed to win 14 times, while Rajasthan Royal beat CSK on nine occasions.
- Sanju Samson who struck a century in the last doesn’t have a good record against Deepak Chahar. The CSK fast bowler has got him out thrice in IPL.
- MS Dhoni boasts of a very good record against RR. Against, Jaydev Unadkat, he has scored 83 runs off 36 deliveries.
- Suresh Raina has scored the most runs for CSK against RR. He has amassed 609 runs in 21 games at a strike rate of 135.94.
- Dwayne Bravo has picked the most wickets for CSK at Wankhede Stadium. He has 15 wickets to his name at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.