The 18th match of IPL 2021 sees Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) take on Rajasthan Royals (RR) in a fiery KKR vs RR clash at the Wankhede Stadium on Saturday. Both sides have had disappointing starts to the tournament, to say the least.
Rajasthan is at the bottom of the table, having won just one game out of four. Kolkata Knight Riders also have only won one match so far. However, due to a better NRR, they found themselves in the sixth position.
Ahead of the KKR vs RR game, here’s a look at the statistical preview:
- Kolkata Knight Riders have squared up against Rajasthan Royals in 23 matches in IPL. KKR has the wood over RR, winning 12 games. Rajasthan Royals, on the other hand, have managed to win 10 games.
- Last year, both sides played against each other twice. Kolkata Knight Riders emerged victorious on both occasions.
- Sanju Samson has scored 334 runs against Kolkata Knight Riders in 14 matches at a strike rate of 123.7.
- Chris Morris has 15 wickets to his name against KKR in IPL, being especially effective against the KKR MVP Andre Russell.
- Dinesh Karthik boasts of an outstanding record against RR in IPL. He has scored 519 runs in 25 matches, the most runs against the franchise. He did so at a strike rate of 134.80.
- Shakib Al-Hasan has 12 wickets to his name against Rajasthan Royals with the best figures of 3 for 17.
- Andre Russell has found his touch if his last game performance is anything to go by. He has a strike rate of 200 against RR in the death overs.
Players approaching individual records
- Dinesh Karthik is only short of eight runs to complete his 1000 as a KKR player.
- With 6957 T20 runs in 299 innings, KKR skipper Eoin Morgan requires 43 runs to reach the milestone of 7000 T20 runs.
- David Miller needs 86 runs to complete his 2000 runs in IPL.
You can also check the match preview of the game here!