RCB vs PBKS: Punjab Kings will play against Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 26th match of IPL 2021 on Friday. Royal Challengers Bangalore are currently sitting at second in the table with 5 wins in 6 matches. All the departments are performing well at the moment. On the other hand, Punjab Kings have blown hot and cold in the tournament. They have only managed to win 2 games out of 5. They are coming in the game on the back of a 5-wicket defeat at the hands of KKR.
Here’s a look at the statistical preview from the game:
- Royal Challengers Bangalore and Punjab Kings have met each other on 26 occasions. Punjab have had the better of RCB, having won 14 games with a win percentage of 53.85.
- AB de Villiers has scored the most runs against Punjab in IPL. He has amassed 710 runs in 23 matches at a strike rate of 159.19.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has 21 wickets to his name against Punjab with the best figures of 4 for 25.
- For Punjab, KL Rahul has scored 371 runs at an average of 74.20.
- Mohammed Shami has accounted for nine wickets against Punjab with the best figures of 2 for 34.
- Virat Kohli has managed to score 44 runs off 31 balls against Mohammed Shami. Shami, on the other hand, has sent back Virat Kohli on 4 occasions.
- Mayank Agarwal has scored 56 runs off 27 balls against Yuzvendra Chahal. Chahal, on the other hand, has dismissed him on three occasions.
RCB vs PBKS head to head:
Punjab Kings had completely dominated Royal Challengers Bangalore last season. KL Rahul-led side won both the matches in the group stage. The last win was by 8 wickets as the top order of PBKS chased down the target of 172 runs set by RCB. Skipper KL Rahul starred with 61* off 49 balls, followed by Chris Gayle’s half century (53 runs) and Mayank Agarwal’s 45-run cameo.
For RCB, skipper Virat Kohli top-scored with 48 runs and Chris Morris showcased a cameo of 25 runs off just 8 deliveries.
For full match preview, click here!