Chennai Super Kings pacer Josh Hazlewood on Monday admitted that there have been COVID-19 concerns within the team camp. As per the reports, 13 personnel including two players Deepak Chahar and Ruturaj Gaikwad tested positive for COVID-19 last week.
Hazlewood said that he is getting regular updates about the squad on the teams’ WhatsApp group revealing that everyone has been cautious.
“We have a WhatsApp group with all the information that comes through, it’s obviously a little bit of a concern. Ideally, you’d have no cases, they are in quarantine now and I think that finishes up in the next few days. All my focus is on this tour at the moment and when the IPL comes closer we’ll think about that.” Hazlewood said.
Hazlewood is currently in the UK for the upcoming limited-overs series between England and Australia. The series will have three ODIs and as many T20I matches starting from September 4 at the Rose Bowl Stadium.
The 29-year-old said that he would join the CSK squad after the series, but Cricket Australia would intervene in case the number of cases spikes.
“We haven’t spoken too much about it yet, it’s a few weeks away until we get there. I assume those things will come up if cases are still happening closer to the date, then we’ll touch base with Cricket Australia and have a chat.” he said.
Hazlewood had a good season for Sydney Sixers and he will be hoping to replicate the same performance for CSK. The IPL 2020 is slated to begin from September 19 with the first game between Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore.