RCB vs PBKS: Punjab Kings registered its third win of the season after a commanding victory over Royal Challengers Bangalore by 34 runs. Punjab Kings also continued its dominance over the RCB team by registering a third consecutive win over them in Ahmedabad.
Youngster Harpreet Brar starred for the Kings with his all-round show who played his maiden game in IPL. Defending the total of 179 runs, Brar took three crucial wickets that of skipper Virat Kohli (35 runs) , Glenn Maxwell (0) & AB de Villiers (3 runs)
Before that, he also scored an unbeaten 25* off 17 balls and helped his side post a competitive total with skipper KL Rahul who shone with 91* off 57 balls.
PBKS skipper Rahul not only scored 91*, but he also laid the foundation of a competitive total by stitching a partnership of 80 runs with Chris Gayle. Gayle on the other hand showed his prowess of destruction as he ransacked RCB bowlers for 46 runs off 24 balls including five boundaries of Kyle Jamieson’s over.
RCB bowlers did keep the things tight in the death overs, unfortunately, Mohammad Siraj and Harshal Patel remained wicketless.
Chasing down 180 runs, RCB lost in-form Devdutt Padikkal cheaply after the former’s faulty shot selection. That followed by Harpreet Brar’s three back to back strike with the ball as he cleaned the big-three of RCB batting unit.
Brar finished with 3/19 and also took three crucial catches on the field that tilted the outcome of the game towards Punjab Kings. Ravi Bishnoi also chipped in with two wickets and an excellent catch of Harshal Patel (31 off 13 balls). Subsequently, Punjab Kings won the game by 34 runs and also jumped to the 5th spot in IPL 2021 points table.
RCB vs PBKS Interesting stats & facts:
- Kl Rahul scored an unbeaten 91* off 57 balls and also became the orange cap holder with 331 runs.
- The first 3 wickets of Harpreet Brar in IPL is Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell and AB de Villiers. He also joined the list of bowlers with the maiden IPL wicket in form of Virat Kohli.
- Harshal Patel went wicketless in today’s match. He conceded 53 runs and remained wicketless for the first time this season.
- KL Rahul’s performance against Royal Challengers Bangalore in the last three innings: 132* off 69 balls, 61* off 49 balls & 91* off 57 balls.
- All-rounder Harshdeep Brar put an all-round show with three catches on his name, along with three crucial wickets (3/19) & 25* runs off 17 balls.
- Nicholas Pooran now has four ducks in the ongoing IPL 2021 season. Shikhar Dhawan had that embarrassing record in the last season.
- Chris Gayle vs RCB– 18 runs (14), 99*(64), 23 runs (10), 53 runs (45), 46 runs (24)
- Most balls before maiden IPL wicket:
- 123 Anil Kumble
- 99 DANIEL SAMS
- 93 Chris Gayle
- 87 Pankaj Singh
- 85 Morne Morkel
Read other statistical statistics here!