After 1021 days, Virat Kohli raised his bat to notch his 71st century in International cricket. Perhaps, not a lot of people would have expected the century to come in a T20 international, and that too in India’s last match of the Asia Cup against Afghanistan.
However, as fate would have it, Kohli broke his century drought to announce his return to form. For the unversed, this is Virat Kohli’s first century in T20 internationals and 71st overall.
He played an unbeaten knock of 122 runs in 61 balls, helping his team reach a massive score of 212 runs on the board. In reply, Afghanistan were restricted to 111 and thus, India won the game by 101.
- Virat Kohli’s last international hundred came back in 23rd November 2019. After more than 1000 days, Kohli brought his up next century in International cricket. In this article, let’s take a look at all the records broken by Virat Kohli with his 1st T20I century:
- Virat Kohli now holds the record for notching the highest T20I hundred by an Indian, surpassing Rohit Sharma’s 118 against Sri Lanka. With the century, Kohli also beco only the fourth Indian to score a century in all three formats in international cricket.
- In T20 internationals, Virat Kohli is now the sixth Indian to score a century. He joins the list, which has the likes of Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Suresh Raina, Suryakumar Yadav and Deepak Hooda.
- Virat Kohli has now the second most number of international hundreds along with Ricky Poting- 71.
- After Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli is now the second Indian batter to have scored 100 sixes in T20 internationals.
- Virat Kohli now holds the record for the highest individual score by a batter in UAE in – T20 internationals.
- Virat Kohli has become only the second batter to have crossed the 3500-run mark in T20 internationals after Rohit Sharma.
- Virat Kohli now has the joint most ‘Man of the Match’ awards in T20 international – 13. Mohammed Nabi too has the same number of awards.
- Between 70th and 71st centuries, Virat Kohli scored 2708 runs at an average and strike rate of 36 and 73 respectively. He also hit 26 half-centuries during this period with the highest being 94*.
Follow MadOverCricket for the latest cricket news, cricket match updates, live cricket scores, cricket series updates, and more!