The mini-auctions for the 2023 edition of the Indian Premier League finally concluded in the penultimate week of December at Kochi. In one of the most befitting auctions in the history of IPL, all the franchises bid high for their desired players and the prices for these cricketers skyrocketed when bought.
Here are the most expensive player in the IPL 2023 Auctions:
1. Sam Curran (Rs. 18.5 crores) Punjab Kings
Left-Arm England all-rounder Sam Curran emerged as the most expensive player in IPL 2023 auctions. With a whopping Rs. 18.5 crores price tagged against his name, Curran also became the most expensive player in the history of IPL. As expected, the Punjab Kings franchise bought Curran for a lucrative amount. The franchise had the deepest purse for the auctions and they were unarguably going to bid high for Curran.
Sam Curran is in terrific form and turns out to be an asset for any side as he bats fearlessly and bowls with a bankable economy.
2. Cameron Green (Rs. 17.5 crores) Mumbai Indians
Australian all-rounder Cameron Green was also on the radar of most franchises at the auctions. After a heated battle between two in-form sides, IPL’s most successful franchise Mumbai Indians bagged the services of Green for the upcoming season. Mumbai bought Cameron for a stunning Rs. 17.5 crores and with this, Green became the second costliest pick in the history of IPL.
Cameron Green is in splendid form and was seen performing stupendously at the Australian bilateral series and the Big Bash League.
3. Ben Stokes (Rs. 16.25 crores) Chennai Super Kings
Ace England all-rounder Ben Stokes was another overseas talent who was heavily bidding at the auctions. Finally, Chennai Super Kings who were recovering from the woes of losing Curran, bagged Ben Stokes for a thumping Rs. 16.25 crores. Stokes became the third most expensive pick in the history of IPL 2023.
Ben Stokes is a fine talent with extraordinary all-round skills. With incumbent skipper MS Dhoni likely to retire in the near future, Super Kings bet high on Stokes to also implicate a smooth transition in their leadership.
Apart from these heavyweight stars, Harry Brook was another astonishing player who crossed the 10-crore mark and was sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad for a whopping Rs. 13.25 crores. Indian batsman Mayank Agarwal was also bought by the Sunrisers for Rs. 8.25 crores.
IPL 2023 Expensive Players’ list:
- Shivam Mavi (Gujarat Titans): Rs. 6 crores
- Jason Holder (Rajasthan Royals): Rs. 5.75 crores
- Mukesh Kumar (Delhi Capitals): Rs. 5.50 crores
- Heinrich Klaasen (Sunrisers Hyderabad): Rs. 5.25 crores
- Rilee Rossouw (Delhi Capitals): Rs. 4.6 crores
- Joshua Little (Gujarat Titans): Rs. 4.4 Crores
- Vivrant Sharma (Sunrisers Hyderabad): Rs. 2.6 crores
- Manish Pandey (Delhi Capitals): Rs. 2.4 crores
- Kane Williamson (Gujarat Titans): Rs. 2 crores
- Adil Rashid (Sunrisers Hyderabad): Rs. 2 crore
- Reece Topley (Royal Challengers Bangalore): Rs. 1.9 crores
- Mayank Dagar (Sunrisers Hyderabad): Rs. 1.8 crores
- Adam Zampa (Rajasthan Royals): Rs. 1.5 crores
- Shakib Al Hasan (Kolkata Knight Riders): Rs. 1.5 crores
- Jhye Richardson (Mumbai Indians): Rs. 1.5 crores
- KS Bharat (Gujarat Titans): Rs. 1.2 crores
- David Wiese (Kolkata Knight Riders): Rs. 1 crore
- Akeal Hosein (Sunrisers Hyderabad): Rs. 1 crore
- Kyle Jamieson (Chennai Super Kings): Rs. 1 crore
- Joe Root (Rajasthan Royals): Rs. 1 crore