sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner
HomeCricket NewsNew Zealand Cricket confirms upcoming tours at home

New Zealand Cricket confirms upcoming tours at home

sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) on Tuesday confirmed that Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh and the West Indies will tour New Zealand in the course of the forthcoming home season, even with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. David White the chief executive of the New Zealand Cricket, specified managed isolation provisions for the visiting sides were still being worked out with officials in Wellington, but the tours would continue.

“I was just on the phone to the West Indies, they’re confirmed, Pakistan is confirmed, Australia and Bangladesh, so (there will be) 37 days of international cricket,” he told reporters.

White declined to announce calendars of the tours until particulars had been laboured out.

He said preparations were expected to trail the model of bio-secure “bubbles” implemented in England for the recent West Indies tour — when squads’ accommodation and training amenities were set at the match venue to isolate players.

“We’re working through that with the government agencies at the moment, a similar concept… the agencies have been really supportive, the government’s been fantastic,” he said.

Currently all the international arrivals into New Zealand are obligatory to spend a minimum of 14 days in stringently controlled quarantine.

But New Zealanders domestically are having fun with a near-normal, pre-coronavirus lifestyle with no social distancing and audiences allowed at sports and cultural events.

The South Pacific nation in a population of five million has logged 22 coronavirus deaths only, and this week marked 100 days since its last case of community transmission.

OTHER CRICKET NEWS