Australian star cricketer Glenn Maxwell turned 32 on 14th October.
The “Big Show” who has earned the title owing to his devil-may-care attitude on the field and setting fireworks of fours and sixes has accomplished himself as one of the finest cricketers of all time. Maxwell made his debut on the international forum in 2012 and has been playing exceptionally till now. He is best known for being a reliable player in the T20 format as well as for his supreme fielding skills.
On his birthday, let us take a look at some of the most notable records held by the destructive cricketer:
- He is known for scoring the second-fastest century in World Cup cricket, a feat he achieved against Sri Lanka in the 2015 tournament.
- He is the first-ever player to smash a century as an opener in his debut T20 inning.
- The Victoria born cricketer was the scorer of the fastest 50 in just 19 balls in the Ryobi (Marsh One-Day )Cup in 2011.
- He is the second Australian to register a century in all the three formats of the game.
- In the 2013 Indian Premier League auction, he was the most expensive player as the Mumbai Indians signed him for USD 1 million.
Maxwell received oodles of warm wishes from his fellow cricketers and fans on his birth anniversary on Twitter.