Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), on Wednesday, announced that they have appointed a five-member Election Commission during their 11th meeting of the Board of Directors. The five-member commission has been formed for conducting the BCB Board of Directors’ Election 2021.
The members of the Commission are:
- M Farhad Hussain, FCA, former President Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB) – Chief Election Commissioner
- Md Omar Faruque, ndc, former Joint Secretary of the Bangladesh Government – Election Commissioner
- Barrister Muddasir Hossain, Legal Advisor BCB – Election Commissioner
- Md Ekramul Hoque, Advocate Bangladesh Supreme Court, Former Deputy Attorney General for Bangladesh – Election Commissioner
- Nizam Uddin Chowdhury, CEO BCB – Election Commissioner
According to the constitution, the board must arrange for the next elections within the next 45-day period as the BCB President Nazmul Hasan‘s second term is set to end this month.
“The elections will take place as soon as possible and we want this to happen before the T20 World Cup in October, and we want to transfer all the duties to the brand new committee before the tournament,” Nazmul Hasan told reporters after completing the last board meeting.
“The first thing is the election and then comes the selection of the board president. Another important thing is to have regular contacts with the team, the management, and the coaching staff, which wasn’t properly done in my time, and hasn’t been done before me as well, as doing this properly always has brought unbelievable results.
“The next thing which was probably as important earlier is to have a bridge with the ICC (International Cricket Council) and to find out whether they are giving preference to our opinions.
“We have to have good communication with the associate nations while making sure that we can bring big teams to our home.”
BCB also approved the list of Associations, Clubs, and different Organisations for the formation of the BCB General Council in line with the requirements of the BCB Constitution (Amended in 2017) during their meeting held on September 1.
Stay updated with the cricket match updates and the latest cricket news on MadOverCricket!