CSK vs DC: Beating MS Dhoni and Co, the Delhi Capitals registered their tenth victory of the IPL 2021 and climbed the top spot of the IPL 2021 Points Table on Monday. The Rishabh Pant-led team became the first to gains 20 points in IPL 2021.
Batting first, CSK put up a modest total of 136 runs on their scoreboard, thanks to the exploits of bowlers, who did a fine job in restricting them by dismissing six wickets. Axar Patel eliminated two of the most important wickets to paralyze the batting line up of Mahendra Singh Dhoni and C0. by eliminating in form Faf du Plessis (10) and Moeen Ali (5). Ambati Rayudu gets the credit of adding 55* to take the CSK score to the given total but his efforts went in vain.
In their chase, DC started off on a decent note with Prithvi Shaw addig 18 runs and their MVP player Shikhar Dhawan contributing 39 runs to give them a stable form. However, they started to dwindle in their quest with their wickets falling cheaply. Captain Rishabh Pant made a quickfire 15 but retired after that as Ravindra Jadeja scalped his first wicket.
Debutant Ripal Patel then helped stabilize their chase with his 18 runs. Shimron Hetmyer then gave a heroic performance to guide DC towards victory with his crucial 28* with two balls remaining.
CSK vs DC Stats & Facts
- Delhi’s Shimron Hetmyer registered the highest average while chasing in IPL 2021- 98. The Highest Average while chasing in IPL 2021 include 98: HETMYER; 95: Tiwary; 77: Williamson; 72: KL Rahul; 70: Kieron Pollard.
- MS Dhoni now holds the record of smashing the most sixes in IPL as a wicketkeeper with 213 sixes. Most Sixes as Wicketkeeper in IPL:- 213- MS Dhoni; 105- Rishabh Pant*; 105- KL Rahul; 103- Dinesh Karthik; 99- Robin Uthappa
- Shikhar Dhawan has become only the second batsman to smash 900+ runs against CSK in IPL. Virat Kohli is the other player to do so.
- Top 5 active captains in IPL having most winning percentage: Rishabh Pant- 76.93%; Rohit Sharma- 59.6%; Ms Dhoni- 58.8%; Kane Williamson- 51.70%; Virat Kohli- 48.4%.
- Teams winning consecutive IPL matches of a season by 4 or less wickets:- Mumbai Indians in 2019 beat KKR by 4 wkts Beat SRH by 4 wkts Beat RCB by 4 wkts. Delhi Capitals in 2021 Beat MI by 4 wkts Beat CSK by 3 wkts.
- Only two teams have defeated CSK in four or more consecutive matches: Mumbai Indians Delhi Capitals*.
- DC now has the most wins against CSK. Most Wins vs CSK in IPL: 19 – MI, 10 – DC*, 10 – RR, 9 – PBKS, 9 – RCB
- This is first ever IPL season when Delhi defeated MI and CSK in their both League matches.
Brief Scores: Delhi Capitals 139/7 (Shikhar Dhawan 39, Shimron Hetmyer 28*; Shardul Thakur 2/13) beat Chennai Super Kings 136/5 (Ambati Rayudu 55*, Robin Uthappa 19; Axar Patel 2/18) by 3 wickets
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket