CSK vs MI: Mumbai Indians will take on Chennai Super Kings in the 27th match of IPL 2021. Both teams have had a rich history in the tournament. They will be taking on each other for the first time this season. Chennai Super Kings are currently sitting at the top with 5 wins in 6 games.
On the other hand, Mumbai Indians are at number four with three wins in 6 matches. They are coming into the game with the back of a 7-wicket win against RR.
Here’s a look at the statistical preview from the game:
- Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings have taken on each other in 30 games in IPL. Mumbai Indians have had the wood over Chennai.
- MI has won 18 games against CSK, while the latter has managed to claim 12 victories
- Mumbai skipper, Rohit Sharma has scored the most runs against CSK. He has scored 717 runs in 28 matches at a strike rate of 124.91
- Against MI, Suresh Raina has scored 818 runs at an average of 31.46.
- Dwayne Bravo has accounted for 28 wickets against MI with the best match haul of 4/42.
- Deepak Chahar has never dismissed Quinton de Kock. The South African has scored 81 runs off 59 balls against the former.
- Trent Boult has dismissed Faf du Plessis twice in IPL. The South African cricketer has managed to score 34 runs off 36 balls against Boult.
CSK vs MI Head to head:
Both the teams have had a history between themselves. Most of them have been due to their clash in the finals of the tournament several times. While Mumbai Indians are a five-time champion, CSK despite getting banned for two years have managed to win two titles.
Last season they encountered each other twice and the tally ended on 1-1 with each side winning a game apiece. CSK lost the last match by 10 wickets (& 46 balls to spare) they played against Mumbai Indians.
For full match preview, click here!