CSK vs SRH: Another Chennai Super Kings (CSK) game and another “Dhoni finishes off it in style”! Registering a comprehensive six-wicket victory over SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) in the 44th match of the tournament, CSK has become the first team to qualify for the IPL 2021 playoffs.
Although Wriddhiman Saha played a blistering knock of 44 runs, the remaining battling line up couldn’t keep up with his tempo and the team was restricted at a modest total of 134 runs losing nine wickets.
CSK easily chased down the target in 19.4 overs to seal the victory with six wickets remaining at their disposal. It was also their ninth win this season. SRH’s loss have removed them from the race of the top four teams on the IPL 2021 points table.
Openers Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis gave an explosive start to the CSK innings and put up 75 runs on their scoreboard. While top-scorer Gaikwad fell short of only five runs from completing his fifty, du Plessis played a knock of 41 runs.
The fall of wickets did slow down their pace a bit, but it was all taken care of by skipper MS Dhoni (14*) with a reliable assistance from Ambati Rayudu (17*). Dhoni completed their run chase by slamming his signature finishing six.
CSK vs SRH Stats & Facts
- Most times Hitting Winning Six in IPL: 6 – Dhoni* 5 – Jadeja 4 – Miller 4 – Pollard 4 – Rohit.
- Most IPL runs by Indian players after 17 Innings: 611 – Ruturaj Gaikwad* 565 – Gambhir 530 – Rohit Sharma
- Most times not out while chasing and winning all matches 18 – Rohit Sharma 16 – Gautam Gambhir 14 – Ambati Rayudu*
- Most not-outs in successful IPL chases: 24 – MS Dhoni 24 – Ravindra Jadeja 22 – Yusuf Pathan 19 – Dwayne Bravo 19 – AB de Villiers 19 – Suresh Raina
- Faf du Plessis completed 2500 runs in IPL for CSK. He became only the third player to do so. MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina are the others in the list.
- du Plessis now is the third-highest run-scorer of IPL 2021 with 435 runs under his belt. Furthermore, it is the second instance the Proteas player has scored 400+ runs in IPL. He scored 449 runs in last season.
- Ambati Rayudu completed 600 runs playing for CSK against SRH.
- Josh Hazlewood recorded his best figures in the Indian Premier League (IPL), 3/24. He clinched wickets of Jason Roy, Abhishek Sharma, and Abdul Samad.
- Faf du Plessis and Ruturaj Gaikwad have added the most runs by a pair in the tournament. They have added 599 partnership runs in IPL 2021. Shikhar Dhawan-Prithvi Shaw hold the second place, having added 550 runs.
- SRH is the third IPL team against whom Dwayne Bravo has clinched 20+ wickets after Punjab Kings and Mumbai Indians.
- SRH recored their lowest total agsinst CSK in the IPL history.
- CSK has now qualified for the playoffs 11 out of the 12 times they have contested in the tournament.
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket