CSK vs SRH: Chennai Super Kings continued to dominate in the ongoing season of IPL 2021 after beating Sunrisers Hyderabad by 7 wickets.
The yellow army reclaimed the top-spot in the points table after registering its fifth consecutive victory at the Arun Jaitley Stadium. It was a clinical yet all-round performance by MS Dhoni and his men initially orchestrated by the bowlers, followed by match-winning knock by top-order batsmen.
It was SRH skipper David Warner who won the toss and decided to bat first in the Delhi leg of the tournament. However, that didn’t seem to change the fortune of the side as the inconsistency continued to haunt them yet again. The side suffered the first loss in the form of opener Jonny Bairstow who got out in an attempt to clear Sam Curran’s bouncer in the 4th over.
CSK bowlers continued to lay pressure on SRH and didn’t allow Warner to even score with ease. Warner was quiet throughout the innings and relied on run-a-ball knock. Manish Pandey made a comeback on the side and scored 61 runs for SRH, which was followed by Kane Williamson’s last two overs cameo off Shardul Thakur’s 19th over.
While David Warner struggled with the bat, Williamson smacked Thakur for 19 runs in the 19th over in his 26 runs knock. Because of that, Sunrisers Hyderabad also managed a competitive total of 171/3 in 20 overs.
Chasing a total of 172 runs, CSK started the innings with a bang on as they accumulated 50 runs in the powerplay overs. Both the in-form Faf du Plessis and Ruturaj Gaikwad ransacked the weak SRH bowling unit and put up a 129-run partnership for the opening stand.
Gaikwad ended as the top scorer in the chase with his 44-ball 75 runs, while du Plessis aggregated 56 runs and also became the orange cap holder. No SRH bowler except Rashid Khan was able to inflict any significant damage to CSK batsmen. Rashid showed his individual brilliance with the ball as he took 3/36, however, that came late in the game.
CSK won the game by 7 wickets and Gaikwad became the player of the match for his match-winning knock of 75 runs. The side also climbed to the top position in IPL 2021 points table.
CSK vs SRH Interesting facts & Stats:
- David Warner scored 10,000 runs in his career during his inning of 57 runs.
- Warner also hit 200 sixes in the history of IPL. He has been associated with SRH since the 2014 season of IPL.
- The SRH skipper has the most number of half-centuries in the tournament. He now has 50 half-centuries and four centuries in 148 innings.
- By taking David Warner’s catch, Ravindra Jadeja has eight catches in the ongoing IPL 2021 edition.
- Suresh Raina completed 500 boundaries in the IPL history. Becomes the second player to do so after Shikhar Dhawan.
- Faf du Plessis became the new Orange Cap holder in IPL 2021 after scoring 56 runs against SRH. He now has 270 runs in 6 matches so far, five runs ahead of Shikhar Dhawan.
- Most runs in T20 cricket:
13839 C Gayle,
10694 K Pollard, 10488 Shoaib Malik,
10017 D WARNER (today)
For pre-match statistical preview click here!