DC vs RR, IPL 2021, Match 37: Delhi Capitals has registered yet another win against Rajasthan Royals on Sunday. It was their eighth win in the 10th game and with that, confirmed their place in the playoffs. After being invited to bat first, Delhi didn’t start very strong.
Both Shikhar Dhawan and Prithvi Shaw departed early without making a substantial contribution. Iyer and Rishabh Pant revived the innings by stitching a 62-run partnership for the third wicket. Rishabh Pant, unfortunately, got out at the wrong time and Rajasthan Royals got the chance to make a comeback.
Shreyas Iyer played a valuable 43-run knock off 32 balls but he would be disappointing to not have played till the very end. Delhi Capitals kept losing wickets at regular intervals, which didn’t help their cause. Shimron Hetmyer too hit some outstanding shots but his 28-run knock too was short-lived. All in all, Sunrisers Hyderabad did well to restrict Delhi Capitals to 154 runs in the first innings.
However, given the kind of attack Delhi has, it was never going to be easy for Rajasthan to chase down the score. Both their openers, Liam Livingstone and Yashasvi Jaiswal departed inside the first two overs. All the bowlers were brilliant during the second innings as Rajasthan kept losing wickets. By the end of 12 overs, they had lost half of the side for only 55 runs. Sanju Samson, however, held firm and kept the hopes alive for Rajasthan.
He scored a vital 70-run knock off 53 balls, including 8 fours and 1 six but lacked support at the other end. Samson remained unbeaten but Rajasthan still fell 33 runs short of the target. With that defeat, Rajasthan has slipped to the sixth position with 4 wins in 9 matches.
DC vs RR Stats & Facts:
- With the victory at Sharjah, Rishabh Pant has entered the club of Most Wins as Captain after 1st 10 IPL matches. The list includes: 8 – Rishabh Pant*, 8 – Rohit Sharma, 8 – Gautam Gambhir, 8 – Shane Warne, 8 – George Bailey, 8 – Kane Williamson.
- The match saw the first stumping for Ashwin in the IPL since 2017.
- DC became the first team in the tournament to play with only three foreign players in a match.
- RR did not hit a single boundry during powerplay in IPL. It was the second instance when it has happened since 2011. The first time it happened was by CSK (15/2) vs Kolkata Knight Riders in 2011.
- The victory helped Rishabh Pant attain the most winning percentage for a captain.
Top 5 active captains in IPL having most winning percentage:
Rishabh Pant : 80%
Rohit Sharma : 59.9%
Ms Dhoni : 59.45%
Kane Williamson : 53.54%
Virat Kohli : 47.8%
- Clinching one wicket in the game, Ravichandran Ashwin completed 250 wickets in the IPL. He become only the third Indian bowler to complete 250 wickets in T20 cricket.
- This is just the third time in IPL 2021 that Rajasthan Royals have managed to take multiple wickets in the Powerplay. The team brought two wickets in the powerplay, which were executed byTyagi and Sakariya have brought early breakthroughs today.
- DC registered the highest run-rate in the powerplay this seaosn of the IPL.
Batting Run-Rate in Powerplays in IPL 2021:
Brief Scores: Rajasthan Royals 150 for 7 (Miller 62, Morris 36*, Avesh 3-32) beat Delhi Capitals 147 for 8 (Pant 51, Unadkat 3-15) by three wickets
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket