One of India’s finest pacers Mohammad Shami, who is an integral part of the Indian cricket team turns 33 today. Shami is currently with his IPL team Kings XI Punjab in the UAE as he prepares for the upcoming season.
Since his debut in 2013, the right-arm pacer has been impressive for the Indian cricket team as well as his the other teams he has played for.
As he turns 33 today, let us have a glimpse of some his records during the last year:
- He took 5/69 against England during the 2019 World Cup as he strangled the hosts’ batting by removing their top three batsmen. He removed Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan, Jos Buttler and Chris Woakes.
- Shami (14 wickets) finished as the second highest-wicket taker in the 2019 World Cup among Indian bowlers after Jasprit Bumrah (18 wickets)
- The pacer took a hattrick against West Indies during the 2019 World Cup and finished with the figures 4/16 runs in 6.2 overs.
- He also became the first Indian to take three consecutive 4-wicket hauls in the World Cup.
- He is known for bowling between 140-145 kmph and also plays as a frontline pacer of the Indian test team.
- Mohammad Shami is the fastest bowler to complete 100 ODI Wickets in his career.
Fans including the ICC wished Shami on Twitter after he turned 33 today. The ICC wished him by posting:
Shami’s IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab also wished him by posting on Twitter with a caption: “@MdShami11 of House KXIP, the First of his Name, and the Breaker of the Stumps.“