Former Australian cricketer Stuart MacGill faced one of the most horrific incidents last month, the Fox Cricket on Wednesday.
MacGill became the victim of targeted gun-point killing on April 14 last month in Sydney. He was approached by a man near the intersection of Parraween and Winne Streets in Cremorne and subsequently forced by two men to get into the car.
“About 8 pm on Wednesday 14 April 2021, a 50-year-old man was allegedly confronted by a 46-year-old man (in) Cremorne,” New South Wales Police said in a statement.
“A short time later the pair were approached by two other men, forcing the older man into a vehicle.
“He was then driven to a property at Bringelly, where the two men, plus another unknown man, allegedly assaulted the 50-year-old man and threatened him with a firearm. About an hour later, the man was driven to the Belmore area and released.” the statement added.
The abductors drove him to a property in Bringelly in Sydney’s west and assaulted him physically and even threatened him with a gun. After an hour of assault, the abductors released the 50-year-old in the Belmore area.
The whole incident was reported to the local police six days after the incident. The detectives from the state crime command’s robbery and serious crime squad also started their investigation.
Police also charged four men aged 27, 29, 42 and 46, and arrested them in the offence on Wednesday. Police also claimed that the 46-year-old already knew MacGill before the incident.
The detective in charge Holton said the alleged kidnapping was reported to police on April 20 because of the fear instilled in MacGill. The police not only arrest those four men but also got their bail plea rejected at Sutherland Local Court.
MacGill represented Australia between 1998 to 2008 and was regarded as one of the best spinners country produced after Shane Warne.
For latest updates, follow Madovercricket!