IPL 2021 Eliminator, KKR vs RCB: The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) would be playing a high-octane eliminator round of IPL 2021 in Sharjah today. The match will decide which team advance to the final to lock horns with the first qualifiers Chennai Super Kings and which team will bow out of the tournament.
Both teams have been in phenomenal form since the resumption of the tournament in the UAE. While the Virat Kohli-led outfit has been consistent throughout the tournament this year, KKR, which was languishing at the bottom of the IPL 2021 points table came with blazing guns after the resumption of the tournament in the UAE.
The last time the two teams squared off against each other in the UAE, KKR crushed them by nine wickets. Their head to head record at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium stands at 1-1. RCB would be looking for their redemption after their last match against tonight’s opponents.
IPL 2021 ELiminator, RCB vs KKR Stats Preview
Before the big game tonight, here are some important stats and facts you should know before tuning into the Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders clash:
- Batting run-rate and economy of RCB in IPL 2021: In Powerplay- 7.7 & 8.3; Middle overs- 7.2 & 7.5; Death overs- 10.3 & 9.1.
- Batting run-rate and economy of KKR in IPL 2021: In Powerplay- 7.6 & 7.3; Middle overs- 8.2 & 7.2; Death overs- 9.0 & 9.7.
- Most Runs hit by RCB and KKR players in last five games: Glenn Maxwell- 254, Srikar Bharat- 166, Shubman Gill- 159, Venkatesh Iyer- 154.
- RCB skipper Virat Kohli is four runs short of completing 900 runs in T20 cricket.
- The leading wicket-taker in this year’s IPL, Harshal Patel, is on the brink of breaking a huge record in the T20 league. The pacer has picked up 30 wickets in the ongoing season so far, is just three wickets away from breaking Dwayne Bravo’s record of most wickets in a single edition of the IPL. Bravo picked up 32 wickets in 2013 playing for the Chennai Super Kings.
- KKR skipper Eoin Morgan is only 14 runs away from becoming the 13th player to score 1000 runs for the Kolkata-based franchise.
- KKR all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan needs three more wickets to become the fourth player to bag 50 wickets for the franchise. the others in the elite list include Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, and Piyush Chawla.
- If RCB Devdutt Paddikal accumulates 36 more runs, he will become the fifth-highest run-scorer for RCB, surpassing Rahul dravid’s 898 runs.
- RCB pacer Mohhamed Siraj, who would be playing his 50th IPL game tonight, is two wickets away from completing his tally of 50 wickets in IPL.
- KKR batter Dinesh Karthik is two boundaries away from taking his fours tally to 400 in IPL. He is also eight sixes away from compelting 200 sixes in T20 cricket
Kolkata Knight Riders won: 15
Royal Challengers Bangalore won: 13
Toss Wins: RCB- 46%, KKR- 54%
Batting average: RCB- 28.6, KKR- 27.8
All outs: RCB- 3, KKR- 1
Last five Head-to-Heads
Match: IPL 2021 Eliminator
Teams: Kolkata Knight Riders & Royal Challengers Bangalore
Match Date & Day: October 11, Monday
Venue: Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Timing: 7:30 PM
Where to watch (TV): Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 1 Hindi (Also available in HD, along with regional languages)
Where to watch (Online): Disney+ Hotstar
The Sharjah Cricket Stadium is a bowler-friendly pitch, giving assistance to both the spin and the pace departments and has proven to be a low scoring pitch this IPL season, the lowest of all in fact. Speaking of their wins, RCB has win two out of five games on the pitch since the 2020 season and KKR has also won the number number of games in this period. This season RCB has won a single game from two matches on this pitch, while KKR has won both. The pitch will favour the chasing teams as per what the stats say. 63% of the time the chasing side has sealed the victory on this pitch this season.
KKR vs RCB Predicted XI
KKR: Venkatesh Iyer, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan (c), Sunil Narine, Andre Russell/Shakib Al Hasan, Dinesh Karthik, Shivam Mavi, Lockie Ferguson, Varun Chakravarthy
RCB: Virat Kohli (c), Devdutt Padikkal, Srikar Bharat, Glenn Maxwell, AB de Villiers (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed, Dan Christian, Harshal Patel, George Garton, Mohammad Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal
KKR vs RCB IPL 2021 Full Squads
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli (c), Devdutt Padikkal, Rajat Patidar, Glenn Maxwell, AB de Villiers (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed, Dan Christian, Harshal Patel, George Garton, Mohammad Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Akash Deep, Tim David, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Pavan Deshpande, Mohammed Azharuddeen, Suyash Prabhudessai, Sachin Baby, Navdeep Saini, Kyle Jamieson
Kolkata Knight Riders
Venkatesh Iyer, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan (c), Sunil Narine, Shakib Al Hasan, Dinesh Karthik, Shivam Mavi, Lockie Ferguson, Varun Chakravarthy, Karun Nair, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Ben Cutting, Pawan Negi, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Tim Southee, Sheldon Jackson, Tim Seifert, Harbhajan Singh, Kuldeep Yadav, Sandeep Warrier, Vaibhav Arora, Andre Russell, Prasidh Krishna
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket