IPL 2021 Final: Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will square up against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the final of the IPL 2021 on Friday at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Chennai Super Kings finished at the second position at the end of the league stage. They beat Delhi Capitals by 4 wickets in the Qualifier 1 to reach the finals.
On the other hand, Kolkata Knight Riders finished at the fourth position at the end of the league stage. They came into the final on the back of two consecutive wins against RCB and DC in Eliminator and Qualifier 2, respectively.
While KKR will hope to repeat their 2012 feat, CSK will go all out to bag their fourth title. Ahead of the final match of IPL 2021 between CSK and KKR, here’s a look at some stats which might be useful to you:
- Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders have played each other 25 times in the Indian Premier League. Chennai Super Kings leads the head to head battle, winning on 16 occasions.
- CSK and KKR have played against each other twice this season. Chennai Super Kings have managed to beat KKR on both occasions.
- Since IPL 2021, Varun Chakravarthy has managed to take MS Dhoni’s wicket on three occasions in 4 matches.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad needs 23 runs to surpass KL Rahul to become the highest run-scorer this season.
- Amongst both sides, Varun Chakravarthy has managed to pick most wickets this season. In 16 matches, he has 18 wickets at an average of 22.78.
- For Chennai Super Kings, Shardul Thakur has picked the most wickets in the tournament. In 15 matches, he has 18 wickets at an average of 27.17.
- In the two matches Ruturaj Gaikwad has played against KKR, his scores read: 64 (42) and 40(28).
- KKR has a 100% winning record in the IPL Final, while CSK has a winning percentage of 37.5.
IPL 2021 Final Match Details
Match: IPL 2021 Final
Teams: Kolkata Knight Riders & Chennai Super Kings
Match Date & Day: October 15, Friday
Venue: Dubai International Stadium
Timing: 7:30 PM
Where to watch (TV): Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 1 Hindi (Also available in HD, along with regional languages)
Where to watch (Online): Disney+ Hotstar
IPL 2021 Final, KKR vs CSK Full Squads
Kolkata Knight Riders: Venkatesh Iyer, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan(c), Dinesh Karthik(w), Tim Seifert, Sunil Narine, Shivam Mavi, Tim Southee, Varun Chakravarthy, Vaibhav Arora, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Rinku Singh, Lockie Ferguson, Prasidh Krishna, Andre Russell, Sandeep Warrier, Sheldon Jackson, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Pawan Negi, Karun Nair, Ben Cutting, Shakib Al Hasan, Harbhajan Singh
Chennai Super Kings: MS Dhoni (C and WK), Suresh Raina Narayan Jagadeesabn, Ruturaj Gaikwad, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Ambati Rayudu, Deepak Chahar, Faf du Plessis, Shardul Thakur, Mitchell Santner, Dwayne Bravo, Lungi Ngidi, Sam Curran, Ravindra Jadeja, Imran Tahir, Robin Uthappa, Moeen Ali, K Gowtham, Cheteshwar Pujara, M.Harisankar Reddy, K.Bhagath Varma, C Hari Nishaanth, R Sai Kishore, Josh Hazlewood
Also check out- IPL 2021 Final, CSK vs KKR- Match Preview, Predicted XI
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket