IPL 2022 Mega Auction: The mega auction of Indian Premier League 2022 is barely 24 hours from now and all the franchises will be prepping for shelling out on good investments. Possibly the last mega-auction of the tournament (as per some reports), the players going down the gavel will find a team with which they will be associated for a long time.
The mega auction will take place on February 12 & 13 in Bengaluru during which the fate of 590 cricketers will be decided at the hands of all 10 franchises- Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Capitals, SunRisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Kings, Rajasthan Royals, Lucknow Super Giants, and Gujarat Titans.
While some players who have been performing really well, would be under the radar of most of the franchises, their fate might land them up as multi-millionaires. On the other hand, uncapped players, especially youngsters will be potential picks and surely rake up the bidding amounts for themselves as promising talents.
Franchises have retained a total of 32 players have already been retained by the franchises, leaving 217 players for bidding among the 590 cricketers shortlisted for auction.
IPL 2022 Mega Auction: Key Information, Live Streaming:
- The mega auction will take place on February 12 & 13 in Bengaluru.
- Live coverage of the mega auction will begin from 11 am (IST), on both the days of auction (Feb 12 & 13).
- Television viewers can avail the IPL 2022 mega auction on Star Sports Network.
- IPL 2022 mega auction live streaming will be available on Disney + Hotstar app
- A total of 10 teams will participate in the mega auction including the addition of two new teams: Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans.
- Breakdown of 590 shortlisted players for auction- 228 capped, 355 uncapped 7 cricket-playing nations.