MI vs PBKS: Mumbai Indians will take on Punjab Kings in the 17th match of IPL 2021 on Friday. MI have won 2 games of out 4 so far and thus are sitting at fourth in the points table. Punjab, on the other hand, is languishing at the bottom of the table with a solitary win in 4 matches.
Both sides are coming into the game on the back of a defeat in their last game. Mumbai Indians suffered a 6-wicket defeat at the hands of Delhi, while Punjab lost to SRH by 9 wickets. The match will be played at MA Chidambaram Stadium.
Here’s a look at the statistical preview of the match:
- Punjab Kings and Mumbai Indians have squared up against each other on 26 occasions in IPL.
- Mumbai Indians have beaten Punjab on 14 occasions, while Punjab emerged victorious 12 times.
- Rohit Sharma 699 runs to his name against PBKS from 25 games at a strike rate of 142.34.
- Jasprit Bumrah has picked the most wickets for MI against Punjab Kings in IPL. He has 17 wickets to his name with the best figures of 3 for 15.
- Chris Gayle has scored 664 runs against Mumbai Indians in IPL.
- Mohammed Shami has picked 9 wickets in IPL with the best figures of 3 for 21.
- KL Rahul has scored 93 runs of 70 balls against Jasprit Bumrah. The latter has dismissed the former twice.
MI vs PBKS Head to head:
Mumbai Indians and Punjab Kings last played against each other was in the game 36 of IPL 2020. The match had ended with a outcome of tie. MI had scored 176 runs in 20 overs with the help of Quinton de Kock scoring 53 runs, followed by 34 run knock from both Krunal Pandya and Kieron Pollard.
Punjab Kings also scored 176 runs after being unable to finish the match on their winning outcome which was orchestrated by skipper KL Rahul who scored 77 runs off 51 balls.
Mumbai Indians- 176/6 in 20 overs. \ Batsmen- Quinton de Kock- 53 runs, Krunal Pandya 34 runs| Bowlers- Jasprit Bumrah- 3/24
Punjab Kings- 176/6 in 20 overs |Batsmen- KL Rahul- 77 runs| Bowlers- Mohammad Shami – 2/30