MI vs RR, IPL 2021 Match 51: Rajasthan Royal’s (RR) second last match of the league stage of the IPL 2021 turned out to be an affair they wish they can consign to oblivion. In the 51st match of the IPL 2021 in the UAE, Mumbai Indians (MI) registered a thumping eight-victory win over RR, a match they couldn’t afford to lose to keep themselves in the run of making it into the playoffs.
MI was brutal over RR in all departments and massively improved their NRR post this match. Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jimmy Neesham, and Jasprit Bumrah completely despoiled the RR batting lineup and restricted them to a below-par 90 runs total at the loss of nine wickets. While Coulter-Nile relished four wickets, Neesham eliminated three, and Bumrah took care of two wickets.
In reply, the MI captain gave a promising start to their chase, hitting 22 runs laced with one boundary and two sixes. Ishan Kishan’s quickfire 50* in 25 balls then put MI in the dominant position to help them seal their sixth victory of this season and keep their hopes up for ending in the top four.
MI vs RR, Match 51, Stats & Facts
- MI skipper Rohit Sharma became the first and the only Indian to hit 400+ sixes in T20 cricket.
- MI’s chase of 91 runs is among the fastest chase in the history of IPL, as they met the target with 80 balls remaining.
Fastest Chases in IPL History:
5.3 overs – MI vs KKR
7.2 overs – KTK vs RR
7.5 overs – PBKS vs DC
8.1 overs – RCB vs PBKS
8.2 overs – MI vs RR
10 overs – KKR vs RCB
- Least runs Conceded after bowling 4 overs in 2021 IPL:
1/11 – Shardul Thakur vs RCB
3/11 – Yuzvendra Chahal vs MI
3/12 – James Neesham vs RR*
3/12 – Moises Henriques vs RCB
2/12 – Anrich Nortje vs SRH
0/12 – Sunil Narine vs SRH
- RR’s is the lowest total set by a team in IPL 2021. Lowest total in 2021 IPL: 1. 90/9 by RR against MI, 2. 92/10 by RCB against KKR.
- MI is the top team to chase a target within 10 overs. Teams to Chase target under 10 overs
MI – 2 times*
KTK – 1 time
PBKS – 1 time
RCB – 1 time
- MI has restricted an opponent the most number of times under 100 in IPL: The list includes:
7 – MI*
7 – CSK
7 – RCB
5 – KKR
4 – RR
3 – SRH
3 – PBKS
1 – DC
- Beating RR, MI registered their fastest chase agsint a team in IPL in UAE.
Brief Scores: Mumbai Indians 94/2 (Ishan Kishan 50*, Rohit Sharma 22; Chetan Sakariya 1/36) beat Rajasthan Royals 90/9 (Evin Lewis 25; Nathan Coulter-Nile 4/14, Jimmy Neesham 3/12) by 8 wickets.
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket