MI vs RR: The 24th match of IPL 2021 seas Rajasthan Royals take on Mumbai Indians at Arun Jaitley Stadium on Thursday. Both sides haven’t had the best of the seasons so far. Mumbai Indians are placed at fifth position on the table with 2 wins in 5 games. They have won their last two games and would be desperate to earn a win against RR.
Rajasthan Royals, on the other hand, are sitting at the seventh position despite winning their last game against KKR. They have only managed to win 2 games so far but wouldn’t be short of confidence. A lot of overseas players have left the squad but Sanju Samson has been fighting it hard with whatever resources they have.
Here’s a look at the statistical preview from the 24th match between MI and RR:
- Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals, over the years, have had an intense rivalry. In 23 meetings, both sides have won 11 games apiece.
- Since 2018, Mumbai Indians have only managed to win one game of six against Rajasthan.
- Rohit Sharma has scored the most runs for MI against RR. He has scored 490 runs in 22 matches at a strike rate of 125.96.
- Jasprit Bumrah has picked 11 wickets against RR with the best figures of 4 for 20.
- Sanju Samson has scored 446 runs against MI at an average of 29.73.
- Jaydev Unadkat has picked 14 wickets for RR with the best figures of 2 for 19.
MI vs RR Head to head:
When it comes to head to head contest, Rajasthan Royals have always had an upper hand over Mumbai Indians. The last time they had clashed was in the match 45 of IPL 2020. Rajasthan Royals easily chased down the target of 196 runs with 8 balls to spare. It was Ben Stokes who orchestrated RR’s win with a smoky knock of 107 off 60 balls and also became the man of the match.
For full match preview click here!