PBKS vs RR, IPL 2021, Match 32: In a thriller of an opening match of the second phase of IPl 2021 that was for the Rajasthan Royals (RR) and the Punjab Kings (PBKS), the Royals swooped away with a two-run victory. The match was laced with records for PBKS, which did well in the quest of chasing a sturdy target of 186 runs but eventually lost it by a whisker.
RR opener Yashaswi Jaiswal was the top scorer for the Royals with 49 runs while Mahipal Lomror contributed 43 to take the team total to 185 runs. The team was bundled out in exactly 20 overs but the teamwork put through the entire innings ensured them a favourable game.
For the PBKS players, the total was a challenging one, but they did well in pruning the gap between the run and balls required. The bowling unit had already done an amazing job and had left it on the batsmen to shoulder the remaining responsibility. Left-arm Medium pacer Arshdeep Singh (5/32) and Mohammed Shami (3/21) shared eight wickets between them. Skipper KL Rahul struck 49 runs while Mayank Agarwal scored the highest for the team by hitting 67 runs.
However, while the batsmen did manage to turn the match in their favour for over 90% of the innings, Kartik Tyagi ruined their hopes with his excellent deliveries and clinched two wickets to restrict the team to 183 runs with no balls remaining.
PBKS vs RR IPL 2021 Stats and Facts:
- Mayank Agarwal crossed the landmark of 2000 runs. Additionall KL Rahul completed 3000 runs in his 89th IPL match.
- Ishan Porel made his debut for RR and his maiden wicket was of Sanju Samson.
- The match marked the 4th 100 run partnership between Rahul and Mayank.
- Rahul and Mayank stiched their 9th 50+ partnership in only 20 innings.
- It is the first time in IPL history that two batsmen got dismissed on 49 runs in the same match.
- KL Rahul performance in IPL: 0 to 1000 runs – 38 Innings; 1001 to 2000 runs – 22 Innings; 2001 to 3000 runs – 20 Innings*
- KL Rahul consumed only 80 innings to reach 3000 runs in IPL. that’s the fewest innings among all batsmen. Only Chris Gayle has taken fewer innings (75 innings) to reach the 3000 run mark. Only three players to do it under 100 innings.
- Arshdeep Singh became the third Punjab bowler to take a five-wicket haul in an inning. Other two Punjab bowlers with 5-wicket hauls- Dimitri Mascarenhas (2012), Ankit Rajpoot (2018).
- Arshdeep Singh also became the 3rd bowler to take fifer in IPL 2021 after Harshal Patel (vs MI) and Andre Russell (vs MI).
- Highest SR in an IPL Inning in 2021 IPL
266.67 – A Rayudu vs MI
255.58 – K Pollard vs CSK
252.94 – M Lomror vs PBKS*
245.45 – A Russell vs CSK
(Min 15 balls)
Brief Scores: Rajasthan Royals 185 (Jaiswal 49, Lomror 43, Arshdeep 5-32, Shami 3-21) beat Punjab Kings 183 for 4 (Agarwal 67, Rahul 49, Tyagi 2-29, Tewatia 1-23) by two runs
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket