RCB vs RR, Match 43: The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) returned back to their winning ways after registering a seven-wicket victory over Rajasthan Royals (RR) in the 43rd match of the IPL 2021 in Dubai.
Everything about RCB’s game was a masterclass. The captaincy, the bowling, enthralling batting, and a remarkable fielding. An all-round performance by the bowlers and Glenn Maxwell’s exploits with the bat helped propel the team towards victory within 18 overs of the match.
Virat Kohli and Co. restricted the RR to a modest total of 149 runs as the bolwers pushed them to the edge clinching 9 wickets. Even though a top score of 58 runs by Evin Lewis promised a big total by the team, it was ruined by the exploits of the RCB bowlers.
Harshal Patel shone as he took a three-wicket haul while Yuzvendra Chahal and Shahbaz Ahmed relished two wickets each. George Gartona and Dan Christian took one important wickets each.
In their chase, captain Kohli (25) gave a stable start to the RCB innings, hammering four boundaries, joined by Devdutt Padikkal, who scored 18 with the help of four boundaries as well. However, Padikkal became the first on to fall in the powerplay, courtesy Mustafizur Rahman.
But then in came Srikar Bharat and stitched a 69-run partnership with hitman Glenn Maxwell after the departure of Kohli. Bharat scored 44 runs while Maxwell played a swashbuckling knock of 50 and together they took the team to a breezy victory.
RCB vs RR Stats and Facts
- Gliding into his fifty, Glenn Maxwell became only the fifth Australian cricketer to breach the landmark of 7000 runs in T20 cricket. The others in the list include David Warner, Aaron Finch, Brad Hodge, and Shane Watson.
- Maxwell also became the highest run-scorer of RCB with 350 runs at an average of 38.88 and strike rate 141.70 in 10 innings including four 50s so far.
- Harshal Patel became the highest wicket-taker as a debutant with 26 wickets. He surpassed Yuzvandra Chahal’s 23 wickets tally (2013) to grab the title.
- Sanju Samson is running second in the list of most runs in IPL, taking his tally to 452 runs, scoring 19 runs in the Dubai game.
- Taking three wickets, Patel’s tally of 26 wickets is also the joint-second most by an Indian bowler in a season. Bhuvneshwar Kumar took the same number of wickets in the 2017 edition, while Jasprit Bumrah tops the list with 27 wickets last season.
- Patel registered the best strike rate of 9.31 among bowlers with over 10 or more wickets in an IPL season.
- Evin Lewis stitched the highest partnership of 77 runs with Yashasvi Jaiswal for Rajasthan Royals. The last highest partnership for the franchise came in 2019 between Ajinkya Rahane & Liam Livingstone against SRH.
Positions of both teams in the IPL 2021 points table
Talking about the IPL 2021 points table, at this time the Bangalore team is placed in the third position after 7 wins in 11 matches and they have 14 points so far. On the other hand, talking about Rajsthan Royals, they have slipped to the seventh position with 8 points after winning 4 out of 11 matches so far. If Bangalore wins their next match, their place in the playoffs will be almost confirmed. On the other hand, if RR loses another game, they won’t get a chance to be out of their critical condition.
Brief Scores: Royal Challengers Bangalore 153/3 (Glenn Maxwell 50*; KS Bharat 44; Mustafizur Rahman 2) beat Rajasthan Royals 149/9 (Evin Lewis 58, Yashasvi Jaiswal 31; Harshal Patel 3.34) by 7 wickets.
Get all the latest IPL 2021 news, IPL 2021 Points Table, IPL schedule, Cricket match Highlights, Match Report, IPL ball by ball updates live score, IPL live commentary, IPL live cricket match updates on MadOverCricket