RCB vs RR: Royal Challengers Bangalore will take on Rajasthan Royals in the 16th match of IPL 2021. Virat Kohli and Co. haven’t lost a single game in the tournament so far. They are sitting at the top of the table with 3 wins in as many games.
Rajasthan Royals, on the other hand, are yet to find their winning combination. The absence of Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer is taking a toll on them. They have so far claimed a single win in 3 matches. An important win beckons for them as RR look to get back to winning ways.
Here’s a look at the statistical preview of the 16th match of IPL 2021:
- Royal Challengers Bangalore and Rajasthan Royals have played against each other in 22 matches. It has been a neck-to-neck rivalry between the two, with both winning 10 games apiece. The rest two games were abandoned.
- Last year, the two teams locked horns with each other on two occasions. Both the games were won by Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- AB de Villiers has scored the most runs for RCB against RR. He has 648 runs to his name in 20 matches at a strike rate of 146.61.
- Yuzvendra Chahal leads the chart in the bowling department. He has picked 16 wickets against RR in IPL.
- For Rajasthan Royals, Sanju Samson has scored the most runs against RCB. He has 259 runs to his name in 15 matches.
- Shreyas Gopal has picked 14 wickets against RCB with the best figures of 4 for 16.
RCB vs RR Head to Head:
Their last encounter saw Royal Challengers Bangalore win by 7 wickets. AB de Villiers was the player of the match for his 22-ball 55 runs comprising of one boundary and six sixes. Rajasthan Royals had set a target of 178 runs which the RCB batsmen chased down in 19.4 overs.
Rajasthan Royals- 177/6 in 20 overs (Steve Smith – 57 runs, Robin Uthappa- 41 runs)
Chris Morris (RCB) – 4-26-4
RCB- 179/3 in 19.4 overs (AB de Villiers- 55* runs, Virat Kohli- 43 runs)
Also read the full match preview here!