sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner
HomeCricket NewsPAK vs NZ: Pakistan players refrained from training after three more COVID-19...

PAK vs NZ: Pakistan players refrained from training after three more COVID-19 cases

sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner

Looks like the trouble for the Pakistan players have no ending for now while they are in New Zealand for white-ball series. Last week a total of seven Pakistani players had tested positive for the deadly virus, leading to an investigation in the whole incident.

New Zealand government even issued warning to the PCB chairman saying it would deport players in case of one more breach of the protocol.

This week saw three more cases in the Pakistani contingent, resulting in their the Health Ministry banning their training in Canterbury.

“The team is not allowed to train until the Canterbury DHB medical officer of health determines they are satisfied that any training activities are unlikely to transmit COVID-19,” New Zealand’s Health Ministry said in a statement.

The health ministry confirmed that they conducted a fresh round of COVID-19 tests, in which 46 samples were taken from the visitors. 42 out of them have returned negative, three turning positive and rest one result still pending.

“Day 6 swabs were taken yesterday from the 46 members of the Pakistan cricket squad in Christchurch who to date have returned negative test results for COVID-19. Of those, 42 have subsequently returned a further negative test result. Three are under investigation to determine whether they are historical cases, and one test result is pending,” the Health Ministry said.

It is still unclear when will the visitors get the permit to get back to their training session. After their arrival in New Zealand, the players were supposed to serve a 14-day quarantine.

Both Pakistan and New Zealand are slated to play three T20Is from December 18-22, followed by two Test matches under ICC World Test Championship .

OTHER CRICKET NEWS