Ace Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has turned 34 today as India celebrates the birthday of its most reliable and efficient athlete. Jadeja has been the favourite cricketer of a million budding cricketers and his contribution to Indian cricket has been immense and unforgettable.
Jadeja got his first breakthrough in professional cricket after he made it to India’s U-19 World Cup in 2006. The southpaw made his debut for Saurashtra in the domestic circuit in the 2006-07 season and was the vice-captain of the U-19 Team in 2008 where India emerged victorious. Jadeja was then inducted into India’s ODI squad for the Sri Lankan series in 2009. He was also a part of India’s triumphant side in the ICC Champions Trophy 2013.
Let’s take a look at the exceptional international numbers of Jadeja across all three formats:
Batting Style: Left-Handed Middle Order Batsman
Bowling Style: Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
Matches Played- 60
Matches Played- 171
Matches Played- 64
Apart from batting and bowling, Jadeja is renowned for his brilliant and athletic fielding. He has been a vital part of the IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings who has won the title four times.
Lesser known facts about Ravindra Jadeja
Here are some unheard facts about Jadeja:
1. Jadeja was born on 6th December 1988 at Jamnagar, Gujarat in a Rajput family. His father used to work as a watchman whereas he lost his mother Lata in a road accident in 2005.
2. Jadeja was completely shocked after his mother’s death when he was 17 and thought of quitting cricket.
3. His father Anirudh wanted him to become an army officer and the contrary his mother supported him to pursue his dream of cricket.
4. Jadeja has distinct nicknames and is most famously known as Jaddu, Sir Jadeja and Rockstar.
5. Jadeja is the first Indian to score three triple-centuries in first-class cricket.
6. Jadeja became the fourth Indian to top the ICC ODI bowling rankings in 2013.
7. Jadeja was honoured with the prestigious Arjuna Award in 2019.
8. Jadeja is fond of riding horses and owns a couple of them at his native place.
9. Jadeja got married to Reeva Solanki in 2017 and the two have a child.
10. His estimated net worth is $10 Million.
Ravindra Jadeja is currently suffering from a grievous leg injury and is currently out of action. The fans will be anticipating his entry back on the field soon.