sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner
HomeCricket NewsSourav Ganguly believes Chinese Sponsors pulling out of IPL "Not a financial...

Sourav Ganguly believes Chinese Sponsors pulling out of IPL “Not a financial crisis”

sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner

BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has said that the Chinese mobile manufacturer VIVO’s contract suspension may not be a worrisome issue for the board.

Last week, the BCCI and VIVO mutually agreed on suspending this year’s sponsorship contract, following anti-China sentiments in the country after border disputes.

In 2017, the BCCI and VIVO signed a contract worth Rs. 2200 crores spanning for a period of five years as the main sponsors of the cash-rich league.

President Sourav Ganguly reacted on the contract suspension as he said, “I wouldn’t call it a financial crisis. It is just a little bit of a blip,”

“BCCI, it’s a very strong foundation – the game, the players, the administrators in the past have made this game so strong that BCCI is able to handle all these blips,” Press Trust of India also reported his statement.

Ganguly cited the Board’s strong financial conditions despite Vivo ouster from the sponsorship deal this year. But he also said that the board is in talks with a few Indian companies for a fruitful deal.

The 13th edition of the IPL is scheduled to take place in UAE from September 19, while the finals will be played on November 10. The tournament was initially scheduled to begin on March 28 but it was postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic globally. The BCCI took the permission of the UAE and Indian government to stage this year’s tournament across three venues: UAE, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.

OTHER CRICKET NEWS