sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner
HomeCricket NewsSuzie Bates ruled out of WBBL, set to undergo surgery

Suzie Bates ruled out of WBBL, set to undergo surgery

sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner

Seasoned White Ferns player Suzie Bates has been ruled out of the ongoing WBBL tournament after sustaining an injury on Monday. The batter won’t be a part of the Adelaide Strikers side for the rest of the tournament due to her right shoulder injury.

Last week, Bates was seen leaving the field during the clash between Melbourne Stars and Adelaide Strikers and later complained of shoulder pain.

White Ferns’ medical staff manager Dayle Shackel also consulted with the medical team of Strikers about severity of Bates’ injury. And considering the severity of her injury, Bates will now return to New Zealand and undergo surgery on her right shoulder.

“As a cricketer, you want to be fit and playing all the time, so to face a decent stint on the sidelines is tough news. For me, it’s about taking this process one step at a time. The first step is successful surgery. Once that’s done, I can then turn my mind to rehabilitation and the ultimate goal of getting back on the park as soon as possible,” Bates told ESPNCricInfo.

“There’s also the carrot of playing at home in the Women’s Cricket World Cup in 2022 to keep me motivated throughout the process,” she added.

Bates said her main focus is representing her side in the 2022 World Cup in New Zealand and she will continue to stay motivated during the course of her injury.

“As a cricketer you want to be fit and playing all the time, so to face a decent stint on the sidelines is tough news. For me it’s about taking this process one step at a time” she said.

For latest news on Cricket, follow MadOverCricket.com
Join our Telegram channel on MadOverCricket!

OTHER CRICKET NEWS