sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner
HomeCricket NewsWest Indies players' training permission revoked after breaking quarantine protocols

West Indies players’ training permission revoked after breaking quarantine protocols

sponsor banner
sponsor
ads banner

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) on Wednesday said that the West Indies contingent had been repeatedly breaching the quarantine protocols. The board said that some players were constantly seen roaming in the hotel hallways and even sharing food.

During the final stages of tour confirmation, both the cricketing boards had agreed on certain quarantine rules that would bind the touring team. However, they failed to meet any such requirements they had been bifurcated into.

Flouting the rules has now resulted into revoking their privileges of training ahead of the series start during their time in the bubble.

“Following an investigation, members of the team were confirmed to have repeatedly broken managed isolation rules. Many of these incidents have been captured on CCTV and have also been reported by staff. The incidents include groups mingling and sharing food. It’s important to note that all incidents occurred within the hotel facility and there is no risk to the public,” the ministry of health said on Wednesday.

West Indies players are due to undergo the third round of COVID-19 tests today in their 14-day quarantine period. If they clear the final round of the tests, only then will they be allowed to travel to Queenstown for two warm-up games.

Meanwhile, Cricket West Indies has designated the team for investigation after NZC reported of the incident under the bio-secure bubble.

The first match of the T20I series will take place at Eden Park before moving to Mt Maunganui. The T20I series will be followed by the two-match Test series.

OTHER CRICKET NEWS